MMS Backup is a system that creates backups of MongoDB replica sets and sharded clusters. A lightweight agent runs within your infrastructure and captures data from your MongoDB deployment using the same mechanism as replication. MMS Backup hosts the backup data and snapshots using its own infrastructure.
This manual describes the process for registering and activating MMS Backup, the process for installing the Backup agent, and the basic procedures for enabling backups and restoring from a backup.
- Register for MMS Backup
- Register for MMS Backup and set up two-factor authentication.
- Use MongoDB Authentication with the MMS Backup Agent
- Create a new Backup Agent user to connect the Backup Agent to mongod or mongos instances with authentication.
- Install and Start the MMS Backup Agent
- Install and start the Backup Agent.
- MMS Backup Agent Configuration
- Additional configuration instructions for the Backup Agent.
- Activate MMS Backup for a Replica Set
- Activate MMS Backup for a Replica Set.
- Activate MMS Backup for a Sharded Cluster
- Activate MMS Backup for a Sharded Cluster.
- Restore from a Stored Snapshot
- Restore a replica set or sharded cluster from a stored snapshot.
- Restore Replica Set from a Point in the Last 24 Hours
- Restore a replica set from a custom snapshot from any point within a 24-hour period of time.
- Restore Single Database
- Restore only a portion of a backup to a new mongod instance.
- Seed a New Secondary from Backup Restore
- Use MMS Backup to seed a new secondary in an existing replica set.
- Delete Snapshots for Replica Sets and Sharded Clusters
- Manually remove unneeded stored snapshots from MMS.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Backup
- Frequently asked questions about MMS Backup.
- MMS Backup Agent Changelog
- Change log detailing new features and updates for each Backup Agent release.
As an alternative, you may consider the above procedures as a single tutorial: MMS Backup Tutorial.