MongoDB Management Service (MMS) ¶
Welcome to the documentation for MongoDB Management Service (MMS). Engineered by the team who develops MongoDB, MMS provides cloud-based monitoring as well as backup and recovery for MongoDB. MMS users can visualize database performance and set custom alerts when particular metrics are out of normal range. MMS is also the only continuous backup solution for MongoDB, providing point-in-time recovery for replica sets and cluster-wide snapshots of sharded systems. You can create a free MMS account at mms.mongodb.com.
You can also download a PDF edition of the MMS Manual.
- MongoDB Management Service
High level concepts that apply to all MongoDB Management Service components.
- MMS Agent Authentication Requirements
- Details the permissions required to use MMS to monitor or backup MongoDB 2.4 instances with authentication.
- Activity: Alerts and Events
- Events, alerts, and related configuration.
- User and Environment Management
- Details how to manage users and groups in MMS.
- Lists and explains the MMS Settings page.
- MMS Monitoring
High level overview of issues related to MMS Monitoring.
- Getting Started with Monitoring
- Installation and configuration tutorials for MMS Monitoring.
- Monitor Hosts
- Describes how MMS Monitoring monitorings hosts and discusses monitoring architecture options.
- Using MMS Monitoring
- Discusses the pages of the MMS Console and their functionality.
- Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting advice for common issues encountered with MMS Monitoring.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Monitoring
- MMS Monitoring frequently asked questions.
- Monitoring Agent Changelog
- Change log detailing new features and updates for each Monitoring Agent release.
- Monitoring Reference
- Reference for types of hosts, databases, and other states that may occur in MongoDB Management Service.
- MMS Backup
High level overview of issues related to MMS Backup.
- Register for MMS Backup
- Register for MMS Backup and set up two-factor authentication.
- Install and Start the MMS Backup Agent
- Install and start the Backup Agent.
- Activate MMS Backup for a Replica Set
- Activate MMS Backup for a Replica Set.
- Activate MMS Backup for a Sharded Cluster
- Activate MMS Backup for a Sharded Cluster.
- Restore from a Stored Snapshot
- Restore a replica set or sharded cluster from a stored snapshot.
- Restore Replica Set from a Point in the Last 24 Hours
- Restore a replica set from a custom snapshot from any point within a 24-hour period of time.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Backup
- Frequently asked questions about MMS Backup.
- MMS Backup Agent Changelog
- Change log detailing new features and updates for each Backup Agent release.